Voluntary Strike – Off is one way in which you may formally wind up a company that you have registered in Ireland.
A company that ceases to trade, or has never traded, has no assets in excess of €150 and which has no outstanding creditors can request that the Registrar strike-off the company for the voluntary strike-off application.
A company may apply to the Registrar to be struck off the register if the following conditions are satisfied:
• (a) the circumstances relating to the company are such as to give the Registrar reasonable cause to believe that it has never carried on business or has ceased to carry on business;
• (b) the company has, within 3 months before the date of the application, by special resolution – (i) resolved to apply to the Registrar to be struck off the register on the ground that it has never carried on business or has ceased to carry on business;
• (c) the company has delivered to the Registrar all annual returns required by section 343 that are outstanding in respect of the company as at the date of the application;
• (d) the company has delivered to the Registrar a certificate in the Form H15 signed by each director certifying that as at the date of the application – (i) the amount of any assets of the company does not exceed €150; (ii) the amount of any liabilities of the company (including contingent and prospective liabilities) does not exceed €150; and (iii) the company is not a party to ongoing or pending litigation;
• (e) the Registrar has received from the Revenue Commissioners written confirmation dated not more than 3 months before the date on which the Registrar receives the application that the Revenue Commissioners do not object to the company being struck off the register; and
• (f) the company has places an advertisement, in the prescribed form , of its intention to apply to be struck off the register to be published within 30 days before the date of the in a newspaper circulating in the State.
If you require more information on Voluntary Company Strike – Off’s then please contact us on 094-9027426 and we will happily answer your queries and start the process to have your company struck off if the above criteria is satisfied.